Important Legal Notice
For the purpose of the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Trafigura Limited (company number 02737924) of 14 St. George Street, London W1S 1FE, United Kingdom.
Information Trafigura may collect from you
- Trafigura may collect and process the following data about you: Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.trafigura.com (“Website”), including without limitation information provided as part of a job application or other employment related enquiry.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Trafigura may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Website including any resources that you access.
- Trafigura may record and retain certain telephone conversations where we are required to do so to comply with our regulatory obligations.
Cookies and other tools
- Cookies are used to differentiate one user from another, to pass information from page to page during their visit to the website and to collect data about a given browser, along with the information requested and sent by the browser's operator (the visitor). They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the website according to your individual interests.
- To recognise you when you return to the website.
What cookies do we use?
- We use two different types of cookies on our websites: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that only remain in the cookie file of your internet browser until you leave our website. Depending on the cookie type, persistent cookies remain for periods ranging from hours to years in the cookie file of your internet browser after you leave the website and after your internet browser is closed.
- The cookies we use are ‘analytical’ cookies (in particular, we use google analytics which provides us with meaningful reports on how visitors use the website. The cookies we use are first-party cookies which means that they are set by the website when you visit and the data collected by these cookies cannot be altered or retrieved by any service on another domain or by any third party.
- Those that are strictly necessary to deliver the services and products you have requested
- Cookies related to the performance of the website, such as google analytics
- Cookies related to the functionality of the website, such as remembering your preferred language.
- The following table lists the principal cookies used on the website, their purpose and the time they will be stored on your computer, portable device or mobile:
Cookie Operation and Purpose Is this a session or persistent cookie? __utma This cookie is typically written to the internet browser on your first visit to our website from that internet browser. If the cookie is deleted from by the internet browser operator, and the internet browser subsequently visits our website a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to our website and is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure the validity and the accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure. persistent __utmb This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with our website. Each time a user visits a different page on our website, the cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, so a single session continues for as long as the user's activity on our website continues, within 30 minute intervals. If it does not find the cookie, a new cookie is written and a new session is established. session __utmc This cookie is no longer used by the ga.js tracking code; however, historically, it operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new user session. For backwards compatibility purposes, this cookie is continuing to be written. It expires when the user exits the browser. session __utmz This cookie stores the type of referral used by a visitor to reach our website, for instance by a direct method, by a referring link, via a website search or as the result of a campaign such as an advertisement or an email link. This cookie is used to calculate search engine traffic, advertising campaigns and page navigation within our website and is updated with each page a user views. persistent lang This cookie is set when a visitor to our website changes the language setting. Its purpose is to remember that visitor's language preference between visits to our website. persistent
- For further information about google analytics, including in particular the use of __utma, __utmb, __utmc and __utmz cookies, please visit: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
How can you change your cookie preferences?
- You may at any time refuse to accept or block cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. You may also be able to change the setting on your internet browser so that only particular types of cookies will be accepted.
- If you would like to know more about cookies, including local storage devices, the following websites provide useful information:
- For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies. You can also opt out of being tracked by google analytics across all websites by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout to find out how.
- Please note, if you change your settings in either of these ways, you may be unable to access certain parts of the website.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
- You acknowledge and understand that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal data once we have received it, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To comply with our regulatory obligations, which may include the disclosure of certain information and/or recordings of telephone conversations to regulatory authorities.
Disclosure of your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Trafigura or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In the event that we are required to do so to comply with our regulatory obligations, to regulatory authorities.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before or at the time of collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The act gives you the right to access information held about you, subject to certain exemptions. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You may exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com; it would assist us if you use the subject line “subject access request”.